Lyssaria
Never say never.
Never say never.

Female
Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: The Truth and Nothing But it?   Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:41 pm

The Case:
A lot of people claim to hate liars, which is a pretty general comment. It is easy to point a finger of blame once you catch someone lying, but did you think about any motives for lying besides trying to create havoc and chaos everywhere?

The Point:
There are many people that find themselves in trouble from telling the truth, whether it is commenting on their boss's balding hairdo or a man telling a woman how she looks in that little black dress.

Humorous situations aside, this ends up relating into discrimination. Just by telling the truth it can be seen as discrimination, since the truth is based on what someone perceives (most commonly sight).

My View:
Rather than punish myself for fibbing a bit here and there, I just live and let myself be my only judge. If my intentions are to keep needless drama away, then it's alright according to my morals. If I decide to switch gender roles online and fake a relationship, it's against my morals and therefore "wrong to me".

Discuss:
What are your views on telling the truth?

Last edited by on Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sonicspike
Present.
Present.

Male
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: The Truth and Nothing But it?   Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:00 pm

I agree that it depends on the situation, though it's somewhat complicated for me. I prefer to attempt to cleverly word things so as to avoid trouble or get away with something without having to lie. I actually don't like to lie much unless I just plain don't care about the person I'm talking to, or I'm at least 90% sure or more that their is no proof that I would be lying, as in I'm sure that I can get away with it and clever words won't help much.

With close friends I try not to lie, that doesn't mean I can't hold my tongue from time to time if saying something may only make things worse, but I'll still try to tell them the truth as much as possible. It's usually because I care about them, trust them, and don't want to lie to them.

It's parents, teachers (when I was in school), and other such figures that I find it slightly easier to lie to, well, them and people I don't care about.

As I said though, I prefer clever words to a good lie any day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.avatar.imvu.com/sonicspike
Lyssaria
Never say never.
Never say never.

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Truth and Nothing But it?   Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:04 pm

Oh I definitely know what you mean. I twist things around so technically it is still true, but I'm just avoiding a direct lie.

Lets say someone looks horrible in a shirt and asks me how they look. Typically I can either say "Ew, whats wrong with you are you blind?" or "You look gorgeous!". Why not choose something in the middle? Perhaps a "I love that shirt!." Maybe the shirt by itself looks great, just not on that person Wink.

When it comes to someone being specific and asking me a direct question, I feel bad for lying so I always do try to get the truth out in some form. I really do hate guilt!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eternel
LoL Administrator
LoL Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 704
First Name : Mad/Ethan
Registration date : 2006-10-02

PostSubject: Re: The Truth and Nothing But it?   Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:45 pm

Truth...

I've met the two extremity.

You both have mostly said it all though, the only thing I can say here is that I just discovered that one of my bestie was lying (BIG lies) her whole life about me. And at the same time I do lie from times to times but only on what's worth it, small things to not hurt.

But normally I don't feel like it, sometimes I just don't think and do sound blunt, if your clothes are ugly (to my eyes) I might say it without thinking twice lol. xD

View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/Eternel
Lyssaria
Never say never.
Never say never.

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Truth and Nothing But it?   Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:13 pm

This brings me to the question of what your preferences are..

Do you prefer to be lied to and allow a lie to be dragged on with time, or do you want to be hit hard by the truth no matter what extreme it is.

Sometimes I'd rather lock myself into a bubble of ignorance rather than know the "truth".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sonicspike
Present.
Present.

Male
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: The Truth and Nothing But it?   Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:17 pm

There is a difference between lying to someone and not telling them something that will only be negative or bad for them. I'm not going to purposely say something if I know they don't absolutely have to hear it and it is only negative, well, I'm sure I've made a few mistakes with that before, but I try at least.

I'd rather have someone tell me the thruth though. If they lie it usually means they are too dumb to find a way to cleverly word what they want to say, they don't care about you, or maybe even that they aren't thinking ahead as much as they should be. No matter what the reason though, I'd never want to lie to someone I care about, I'd rather just hold my tounge or try to find an easier way to say whatever it is I have to say.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.avatar.imvu.com/sonicspike
Roman
Present.
Present.

Male
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: The Truth and Nothing But it?   Fri May 18, 2007 9:02 pm

I hate lies I Stay away from lying because to be a liar you need a good memory and you need to remember the lies you told and to whom as someone with Rolling Eyes a memory like a sieve I dont lie its much easier to remember the truth then it is to remember a lie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php/
Dill2459
Present.
Present.

Male
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-09-20

PostSubject: well   Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:20 pm

its really depends on the situation you can lie for something are u can lie to hide your feelings so someone doesnt get upset at you wich is 50% of the time the case
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imvu.com/KingPimp24
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Truth and Nothing But it?   

Back to top Go down

The Truth and Nothing But it?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1