AuthorMessage
Lyssaria
Never say never.
Never say never.

Female
Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Online Dating v.s. In-person Dating   Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:28 pm

I know the majority put forth in-person dating before any pixilated attraction, but I'm sure there are some people that prefer the online version for whatever reasons they have.

I personally avoid online dating at all costs. If I feel a sort of attraction towards someone, I see it as an opportunity to talk to them about more personal subjects and involve them into my life a little more, but never a relationship; I leave these feelings unattended to until we meet in person.

Even when I sign offline I am very picky with who I spend my time with. Girlfriend and boyfriend relations are never forever, they will end eventually whether in a good direction such as marriage, or a more negative break up.

In the eyes of the government, even if we have a boyfriend or girlfriend, we are still seen as single until those I do's are read out loud. Having a girlfriend/boyfriend is a trial run for the future no matter where your commitments lie, that IS a relationship. If you plan on breaking up eventually and everything was in good fun, then perhaps thats not even a relationship.

Some say it's easier to cheat on someone from an online relationship, but I say both have their issues.

Online Dating:
-Talk to random strangers who could make things up simply to attract you.
-Are given too much information about you prior to actually talking to you (such as if you keep a blog)
-You do not see each other face to face making it easier to fight and/or cheat
-Easier to block someone and never come back if there is any uneasiness in the relationship
-If the person is dating online because they haven't had many relationships before, they are more susceptible to cheat if they had the opportunity to make up for missing time.

In-person Dating:
-You will still meet strangers that can make up things to attract you to them, and in result can cause more damage if this individual isn't afraid of police sirens
-It is much easier to judge each other materialistically which also creates easier fights
-A higher demand of commitment is introduced and it is not easy to end the relationship
-If any cheating does happen (in any form) it is much more brutal to handle since you can imagine every little thing about this person, for example how they drink their coffee with you in a cafe, when you're alone all of your in-person memories with this person will replace to being him/her and someone else.

I'll leave this to you guys now Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eternel
LoL Administrator
LoL Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 704
First Name : Mad/Ethan
Registration date : 2006-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Online Dating v.s. In-person Dating   Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:49 pm

Well, my take on this one is really easy and short.

I do agree and experienced both. Your points are clear and same thing that I would specify. Yet, I prefer In-person Dating by a mile. But wait, if a chance gets to me, online, I might take it as well, but this is after I saw this person on cam and spoke hours on the phone. I can't keep it on the internet. As well as if the person just can't visit me, forget about it, I can't live without a human touch for a long time lol. So if this person don't have the economy and the time to visit me VERY OFTEN. It's a nono.

View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/Eternel
sonicspike
Present.
Present.

Male
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Online Dating v.s. In-person Dating   Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:22 pm

I wouldn't ever consider a relationship over the net unless I was already dating the person before hand and then some new issue were to arise so that one of us couldn't see the other in person as often. I can understand if one family moves to another city (not extremely far away though), there is an injury, something military related, etc. I suppose those can still be regular relationships too, just with more online talking than in person.

I know if it was an online only relationship I would miss those little things in a relationship. The feel of their hand, the way their hair smells, the scent of their perfume, what it feels like to be in the same room as them or walk down a street next to them, the sound of their laugh as it sounds in person, what it's like to hug them, etc.

I'd rather consider a person and meet them then take any major action on those initial feelings. What I feel at first may not be the same way I feel after being around them for a month, and while certain things here and there make for great reassurance that my feelings won't change as easily, no one can tell what the future holds, and I'm no exception to that.

I see nothing wrong with dating online for some people, but I'd rather be in a relationship that feels real to me, and an online relationship just doesn't quite seem to fit into that category of things that are real unless there is enough contact with the person off the net, phone, mail, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.avatar.imvu.com/sonicspike
sharpieblade
I'm addicted...
I'm addicted...

Female
Number of posts : 393
First Name : Whitney
Registration date : 2006-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Online Dating v.s. In-person Dating   Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:57 pm

Im perfectly ok with online relationships. My main reasoning is I am a communication junky and online you HAVE to talk and make a strong bond with the other person. Plus you cant get too caught up on the physical part of the relationship, in other words its easier to make sure its more then sex.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/Guest_SharpieBlade
Eternel
LoL Administrator
LoL Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 704
First Name : Mad/Ethan
Registration date : 2006-10-02

PostSubject: Re: Online Dating v.s. In-person Dating   Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:49 pm

sharpieblade wrote:
Im perfectly ok with online relationships. My main reasoning is I am a communication junky and online you HAVE to talk and make a strong bond with the other person. Plus you cant get too caught up on the physical part of the relationship, in other words its easier to make sure its more then sex.

I don't agree... Anyone can simply go out and have all the sexual relations he/she wants and just come over and give the love. You would then believe it's more then only sex yet, not for the other person. And you will NEVER know... But doesn't make it easier. Online or In-Person, same thing.

Only difference is that Online, he will come and give you the love and you will never have sex with this person while she's outside getting it all and In-Person. The person might give it to you and still cheat outside.

View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/Eternel
sharpieblade
I'm addicted...
I'm addicted...

Female
Number of posts : 393
First Name : Whitney
Registration date : 2006-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Online Dating v.s. In-person Dating   Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:05 pm

MOST of the time I dont care if they are messing around in rl. As long as thats all it is and not "making love"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/Guest_SharpieBlade
VitalDollie
I'm getting better.
I'm getting better.

Female
Number of posts : 64
First Name : Amberla
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Online Dating v.s. In-person Dating   Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:39 am

Honestly...I think both are fairly good...

Online Dating: Yes it can be dangerous and yet it is more about a trust in someone...It helps the person who is in the relationship communicate better I guess...Also it helps a person with a very busy how I say Real world life...and doesn't have alot of time to go out and find the perfect girl...or guy...

OutSideComp Dating: It may be good to touch and being able to see a person face to face but it is the same being able to have a communication with them and having that same trust..Even with being busy the person will never get to see them...And you might never be able to find that special person in the state that you are in..So why not try something new.. ^.^

In all they are both good ways but for me...since I am in school and i don't have a very social life I like to talk to people on Imvu mostly and get to know them...If a relationship blooms from it then so be it...but I intend to act the same as I would outside of the computer...^.^

People who are in Online relationships accept the fact that they will one day hopefully be apart of this persons life...or even not they just love to talk to them in a personal level..
Embarassed
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=7510656
icecold656
I'm addicted...
I'm addicted...

Female
Number of posts : 304
First Name : Aileen
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Online Dating v.s. In-person Dating   Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:55 am

I agree on both, but nothing beats Real life Dating...

Online dating is safer, and fun as well... Keeps someone sane in an attempt to escape the real world (which in a way one can't entirely do)... But unlike real dating, online dating can still make someone lonely and miserable.... Sure enough you'll want the presence of your partner, flesh and bones! And besides, in online dating, you're not entirely sure if the person you are dating is saying the truth or 'showing' the truth... ---that's completely from me, basing it from my current experience Huh...? Suspicious
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/icecold656
LadyKnuckles
Present.
Present.

Female
Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2007-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Online Dating v.s. In-person Dating   Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:44 pm

I like OL better than RL because.....I guess where I'm from....males are scum. Period. Online I have met more guys that are considered perfect in my opinion. And I guess they meet my high standards and they aren't always talking about sex, versus people in Real Life. You just gotta know how to choose.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/BabyPunkKnuckles
Roman
Present.
Present.

Male
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2007-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Online Dating v.s. In-person Dating   Fri May 18, 2007 9:24 pm

LOL well I Met my future wife online in imvu. Its the only damned thing I have to thank imvu for. We have known each other for nearly a year now we have gone through that online ceremony a glorios imvu wedding and since met and spent weeks together at at time in real life. We have come to know each other totally and truely, warts and all.
So I have to say either because I have experienced both and my present beautifull relationship will I hope last as long if not longer than my last one of 25 years.

I have no fear of online relationships they can and do work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Online Dating v.s. In-person Dating   

Back to top Go down

Online Dating v.s. In-person Dating
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1