HomeFAQSearchRegisterMemberlistUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Red-hot issue: Abortion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kozurei
Never say never.
Never say never.
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 100
Age : 28
First Name : Jonathan
Registration date : 2006-10-28

PostSubject: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:56 pm

Sorry for slacking off on posting guys, school and job have totally taken every ounce of energy out of me. And that little extra hidden energy has gone into building my new PC. But I was on my school's discussion boards last night, and we've been debating abortion (most of the people have been idiots though). I have another rant related to that thread, but I'll make a seperate post for it.
Anyways, the gay marriage thread showed some promise, so I believe everyone is mature enough to understand and discuss the issue of abortion, at the very least in how it pertains to the USA or wherever you live. What I don't want in this thread is one liners saying you support it or don't. I want to see you back up your opinion. Smile

So let's get this started. I'm pro-choice, so to an extent I'm pro-abortion. The US is, ideally, founded on the principles of democracy, and not on religious ideals. We advocate free choice, but when it comes to things like abortion and gay marriage, why does religion always seem to get in the way? I think there should be a certain period of time where you are allowed to have an abortion (say, a few weeks after the start of pregnancy). There's other points I want to make but I want to see some of your responses first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/Kozurei
elfekinneke
So enjoying it!
So enjoying it!
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 162
Age : 30
First Name : Sara
Registration date : 2006-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:56 am

hm interesting, well in belgium (where i live), abortion is really accepted. I mean not ALL people support it but the majority does, there has been lots of debats about it too, but now it's just accepted, and no questioning about it anymore. *belgians, correct me if i'm wrong, this is how i see it* I'm pro too, but i do agree that you can have an abortion in the first weeks, not at the end of you pregnancy.
About religion standing in the way, well that is in belgium too, but i think it is worse in the usa (from what i see on tv Smile )
Religion is also about caring, supporting and helping other people in difficult times, so when someone had an abortion done, the thing the 'religious' people should do, is help her trough the difficult times, not?
So hopefully the rest of the world will accept abortion too, sometime..
~x
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/elfekinneke
GerritBlack
I'm getting better.
I'm getting better.
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 83
Age : 28
First Name : Gerrit
Registration date : 2006-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:12 am

elfekinneke wrote:
I'm pro too, but i do agree that you can have an abortion in the first weeks, not at the end of you pregnancy.

I believe abortion is only possible in the first 4 months. So after that, it would really not be right to take an abortion.

I am pro. I currently don't even know if it's allowed in the Netherlands, but I think it is (seeing as Belgium allows it)
Abortion has always brought a lot of discussions with it, due to religion and the 'murder' idea.
I also believe there's a lot of rules bound to it. You can only have abortion if... when... whenever....
So not always, when you just decide you don't want this baby.
I think that's also more to promote people to use condoms and such.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/GerritBlack
sharpieblade
I'm addicted...
I'm addicted...
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 393
Age : 29
First Name : Whitney
Registration date : 2006-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:04 am

I am Pro choice. I actually like the fact that my mom chose to have me. She got pregnant and chose not to abort me. I even wrote her a letter telling her so. There are a lot and I mean A LOT of girls around here that I wish didn't have to go through what they are going through. BUT for those of you who DONT choose an abortion, GOD BLESS YOU! thats right I said God bless you because as I am prochoice I DO know the value of life. I may be a strange person Huh...? But I LIVE IN THE REAL WORLD and things get tough, why make it harder
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/Guest_SharpieBlade
Kozurei
Never say never.
Never say never.
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 100
Age : 28
First Name : Jonathan
Registration date : 2006-10-28

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Wed Nov 22, 2006 11:20 pm

I'm glad everyone agrees I guess. -is itching to debate- xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/Kozurei
Chaospaladin
Never say never.
Never say never.


Male
Number of posts : 100
Age : 30
First Name : Brian
Registration date : 2006-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Mon Nov 27, 2006 3:36 pm

i am prochoice because of this fact.... well not just this fact but it makes sense in my mind. when you didn't even exist till about what 14? you relied on your parent(s) to make decisions. it was their decision to have you and so on and so forth. In many countries you have to listen to and do what your parents say regardless of if it was wrong to do it in the first place because children cannot disobey them. I mean sure parents have a choice to have you or not, but if they do choose to and then treat them badly here. We'll let child services kick in.

btw i am now calling babies that weren't expected... oops-babies. dunno why it's just in my mind.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/chaospaladin
iTaMenDoZa
I'm getting better.
I'm getting better.
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 86
Age : 35
First Name : Evelyn
Registration date : 2006-10-09

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Wed Dec 06, 2006 12:10 pm

seems like we are all pro choice.
and im glad of it, but i dont really see the point of unsafe sex. be responsable n use a condom, not only cuz u can get a baby, also cuz u can get aids, n it will "abort" YOU.
Smile
so girl n boys just be responsable, we can do so many things but they are really nicer if we do them in a right way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/iTaMenDoZa
Sandratjeuh
Present.
Present.
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 11
Age : 28
First Name : Sandra
Registration date : 2006-12-15

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:02 pm

hey, I'm also for the abortion, cuz...

When someone is raped...and they do get pregnant, they don't want the baby (I guess, cuz they don't know the guy)... so that's one point;

the other point is:when u are not ready for a baby, cuz financial or something else... then if u got the baby, what do u do? U don't got the money for buying clothes, u don't got the money for given the kid some nice tools to play with and if u give the baby something to eat and the money is running out again, what does the mother eat then? Not everyone has someone who can help them... (my parents helps my sis to finance the baby... so.. that's why i know it ^^)

if someone just playing with ur mind and u really loves him ... but u got pregnant and the one who isn't is panicking cuz he doesn't want to be a parent, never tought about it... and leaves u..; what u gonna do?If u love the baby and u get help from somewhere..; ok, but otherwise..; u'll have some really big problems...

but anyone, u know what my point is Wink and it's getting late here, so ... thnx for reading anyway =)


PS: I like responses ^^ Greetz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/Guest_Sandratjeuh
Chaospaladin
Never say never.
Never say never.


Male
Number of posts : 100
Age : 30
First Name : Brian
Registration date : 2006-11-21

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:48 am

about your first point, there are already procedures, at least around here, that say if you claim you were raped you can go to a clinic or hospital and they can give you a pill to cancel any chance of pregnancy. with that said, this is both a good and bad thing. if you were really raped, this helps. but what about those girls who may have just had unprotected sex and want to make sure they don't want to get pregnant? this links with your 2nd point. if something like that happens, honestly, it just shows irresponsibility in the first place. the couple was too careless about having protected sex and look at what happened.

it's all about karma
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/chaospaladin
mufkin
I'm getting better.
I'm getting better.
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 82
Age : 35
First Name : Rikki-Lea
Registration date : 2006-12-21

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Thu Dec 21, 2006 10:40 pm

Chaospaladin wrote:
about your first point, there are already procedures, at least around here, that say if you claim you were raped you can go to a clinic or hospital and they can give you a pill to cancel any chance of pregnancy. with that said, this is both a good and bad thing. if you were really raped, this helps. but what about those girls who may have just had unprotected sex and want to make sure they don't want to get pregnant? this links with your 2nd point. if something like that happens, honestly, it just shows irresponsibility in the first place. the couple was too careless about having protected sex and look at what happened.

it's all about karma


The pill you're speaking of, I believe, is the morning after pill, or Plan B.
This isn't the same as abortion. It's a back-up and is good for use after 72 hours after having sex before the female egg is fertilized.
Some people make stupid mistakes and have unprotected sex for whatever reason... this is when it comes in handy. Also for rape, yes.
You can buy it from any pharmacist in the US or Canada if you are over 18, or you can get someone who is 18 to buy it for you if you're underage.


On the issue of abortion... I'm pro-life for myself, pro-choice for every other woman. I could never and would never have an abortion. I also hate to see other women have abortions.
But I support them completely and believe that a woman's right to choose should never be taken away.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/mufkin
Ethl20
LoL Moderator *Trial*
LoL Moderator *Trial*
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 61
Age : 40
First Name : Amy
Registration date : 2006-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:14 am

Ok to be honest I am on the fence on this one.If someone just goes out and does the deed and doesnt use protection like an idiot, then if they get pregnant then they should also accept the responsibility of their actions.To me life is started when the egg is fertilized and that is murder in my eyes.

On the other hand if a girl is raped and gets pregnant then by all means give her the option of getting an abortion.I can't think of anyone who would be so against it in a case like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/Ethl20
VBerry
LoL Moderator *Trial*
LoL Moderator *Trial*
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 16
Age : 26
First Name : Rose
Registration date : 2006-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:31 pm

Ethl20 wrote:
Ok to be honest I am on the fence on this one.If someone just goes out and does the deed and doesnt use protection like an idiot, then if they get pregnant then they should also accept the responsibility of their actions.To me life is started when the egg is fertilized and that is murder in my eyes.

On the other hand if a girl is raped and gets pregnant then by all means give her the option of getting an abortion.I can't think of anyone who would be so against it in a case like that.

Well actually in a way i'm sort of against it. I sort of feel that there's always the choice of adoption but then again I might just be saying that because I am not in the position.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/VBerry
xanpu
Never say never.
Never say never.
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 136
Age : 26
Registration date : 2006-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Tue Dec 26, 2006 4:04 am

I'm Prolife since I don't know why an innocent life should be spared because of a sin others commited.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=6346101
Soph
So enjoying it!
So enjoying it!
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 161
Age : 25
First Name : Soph
Registration date : 2006-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Tue Dec 26, 2006 6:28 am

I'm for abortion. If the mother is raped or doesn't think she has the means to support the child then she should at least be allowed to abort it in the first four months. Wouldn't you rather that then the child leading a miserable life?

Also if the child is going to be born with a serious illness then I would choose to have it aborted because I would want my child to have the best quality of life. Although I'm saying this about SERIOUS illnesses such as the fact the child wouldnt be able to talk, see or hear. I don't really call that a life I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?av=sophstar
xanpu
Never say never.
Never say never.
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 136
Age : 26
Registration date : 2006-12-22

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:25 am

The only reason I will accept abortion is that if the child has a terminal disease and has no chance to live and if the child has a grim chance to live while the mother's life is in danger.

Even in rape cases, I don't accept abortion as a solution to that since the child is innocent. Eventhough you have no fault in the matter, the child has no fault too, why should he/she suffer for something he didn't commit?
There are a lot of programs out there for rape victims, it aims to stop or atleast lessen the number of abortion commited. They will either prepare you for child care and care for you until the child is born OR care for you until the child is born and then put him/her up for adoption.

Abortion should only be used as a last resort and must NEVER be used as means of birth control.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=6346101
Soph
So enjoying it!
So enjoying it!
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 161
Age : 25
First Name : Soph
Registration date : 2006-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:24 pm

xanpu wrote:


Abortion should only be used as a last resort and must NEVER be used as means of birth control.

I completely agree with that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?av=sophstar
icecold656
I'm addicted...
I'm addicted...
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 304
Age : 26
First Name : Aileen
Registration date : 2007-01-07

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:37 pm

Soph wrote:
xanpu wrote:


Abortion should only be used as a last resort and must NEVER be used as means of birth control.

I completely agree with that.

me too, the baby has no fault or whatsoever... May it be that he/she is a product of a very bad thing, it's not right to snatch away his/her life, it's not good to act like God, give the baby a chance to live and be loved.. ~~peace
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/icecold656
Simski
Never say never.
Never say never.
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 126
Age : 26
First Name : Same as BinDjin.
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:18 pm

I'm for it, not becouse I would choose it though...
But I consider that it's the person who holds the child who should be in charge of how their little one will be handled.
If they don't want the child, then they should have the option to not give birth to the child.
And you should not be the one to stop her -.-
I care more for the living, I do not consider a fetus a living being until it's able to live outside the mother.
If the mother feels she's not yet ready to have the child, or is she has been drinking, or any other things that may harm the child in the future, then she should be allowed not to have the baby.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=1748823
xlooneylisax
Never say never.
Never say never.
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 118
Age : 24
First Name : lisa
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:48 pm

i could give the jewish view if anyone is interested...i had a whole lesson on it
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/Guest_xlooneylisax
Simski
Never say never.
Never say never.
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 126
Age : 26
First Name : Same as BinDjin.
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:08 pm

xlooneylisax wrote:
i could give the jewish view if anyone is interested...i had a whole lesson on it

I'm listening ^_^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=1748823
Ezbael
Present.
Present.
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 12
Age : 27
First Name : Isa
Registration date : 2007-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Mon Jan 29, 2007 4:08 pm

I'm pro abortion if it is done for the right cause
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=8358558
Simski
Never say never.
Never say never.
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 126
Age : 26
First Name : Same as BinDjin.
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:35 pm

Ezbael wrote:
I'm pro abortion if it is done for the right cause

Well said m'lord.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=1748823
sonicspike
Present.
Present.
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 49
Age : 29
Registration date : 2007-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:41 pm

Well, in a way I support a woman's right (or man's right should the technology ever arise) to choose, but I also think killing is kind of wrong, but then again that depends. Killing can be funny, so it can be good (if done right) but it can also be very bad... too many complications to give a simple yes or no really.

Killing the undead in a movie can be overly funny if they introduce the same creature and make him/her unique and then give them a funny death, like getting a saw show through his/her head proceeded by falling down and getting trampled to death by the other zombies/undead. So it can make for good comedy if the baby is a being of the dead already ready to rip out of his mother's gut and... I'll stop right there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.avatar.imvu.com/sonicspike
xlooneylisax
Never say never.
Never say never.
avatar

Female
Number of posts : 118
Age : 24
First Name : lisa
Registration date : 2006-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:57 am

Simski wrote:
xlooneylisax wrote:
i could give the jewish view if anyone is interested...i had a whole lesson on it

I'm listening ^_^
Basicly jewish people believe that a baby doesnt count as a human as it is still relyling (sp?) on the mother as it gets it food from her e.t.c, so jews say that if the mothers life is in danger then she can have the abortion this means both menatly (sp?) and physiclay (sp?), however if the only reason she wants an abortion is because of money e.t.c then she cannot have an abortion...

sorry for my bad spelling and grammer...if you have any questions just ask....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/Guest_xlooneylisax
Simski
Never say never.
Never say never.
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 126
Age : 26
First Name : Same as BinDjin.
Registration date : 2007-01-29

PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:05 am

xlooneylisax wrote:
Simski wrote:
xlooneylisax wrote:
i could give the jewish view if anyone is interested...i had a whole lesson on it

I'm listening ^_^
Basicly jewish people believe that a baby doesnt count as a human as it is still relyling (sp?) on the mother as it gets it food from her e.t.c, so jews say that if the mothers life is in danger then she can have the abortion this means both menatly (sp?) and physiclay (sp?), however if the only reason she wants an abortion is because of money e.t.c then she cannot have an abortion...

sorry for my bad spelling and grammer...if you have any questions just ask....

You got me a bit confused there, how could she be doing it becouse of money?
I don't think you get money from having abortions right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.imvu.com/catalog/web_mypage.php?user=1748823
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Red-hot issue: Abortion   

Back to top Go down
 
Red-hot issue: Abortion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Tour Issue Equipment
» Help! R9 screw issue
» Danica Patrick SI Swimsuit Issue
» September Issue of Mini World
» Super Chevy Special Issue - "Chevelle"

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
IMVU :: LoL Forum & IMVU :: LoL Forum Archives-
Jump to: