Eternel
LoL Administrator
LoL Administrator

Male
Number of posts : 704
First Name : Mad/Ethan
Registration date : 2006-10-02

PostSubject: Tutorial : Profile   Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:29 am

HERE YOU WILL FIND ALL THE MODIFICATIONS THAT CAN BE DONE CONCERNING THE MEMBERS' PROFILE

This tutorial will try to explain the numerous options available for the members to customize their Profile.

• Preferences
  • Signature
  • Topics watched

Last edited by on Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://avatars.imvu.com/Eternel
Eternel
LoL Administrator
LoL Administrator

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial : Profile   Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:38 am

::Preferences::

- Allow members to contact me by email : Select by a website form to keep the usual way, or by client email software if you want the other members to contact you using their software (Outlook Express, Mozilla Thunderbird, etc...).
If you select no, this icon : won't be displayed when a member looks at your profile.

- Hide your online status : If you select yes, you will appear as a Hidden member in the Who Is On Line.
Please note that the administrators are able to see the hidden members, and so can the moderators.

- Always notify me of replies : Select yes to receive an E-Mail when a reply is posted in a topic you are participing to (this mail is often considered as spam by some mail adresses, like Hotmail fo exemple).

- Pop up window on new Private Message : If you select yes, a new window will open as a pop up when you receive a PM (the pop-up window will open if you are on the forum only).

Exclamation Important :Some web browsers prevent the pop-ups from appearing.

- Always attach my signature : Check this box if you want to add automaticaly your signature at the bottom of each of your posts, or only at the bottom of some of the posts (by checking the box Attach my signature when replying to a post).

- Always allow BBCode, HTML, Smilies : As for the signature, you can choose to activate these options for all of your posts, or only for some of them.

- Board Language : You can choose here in wich language the forum will be displayed (except for the members' posts, and the sections' names, of course).

- Timezone : Here you can set the time of your country.

- Date format : Here, you can choose from the menu the display format of the date on the forum.

Eternel
LoL Administrator
LoL Administrator

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial : Profile   Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:42 am

::Avatars::

- Upload Avatar from your computer : If the picture you want as an avatar is on your PC, simply click on Browse, and then select the image on your PC. Its width can be no greater than 140 pixels, the height no greater than 200 pixels, and the file size no more than 32 KB.

- Upload Avatar from a URL : If you find the perfect image on a website, all you have to do is to copy the image's adress, and then paste it in the blank. Its width can be no greater than 140 pixels, the height no greater than 200 pixels. Beware of images wich are under copyright.

- Link to off-site Avatar : The same as before. The only difference is that the image's height and width can be greater than 140*200 pixels. Choose this option if the avatar you want is an animated gif.
Beware of images wich are under copyright.

- Select Avatar from gallery : You can also choose an image from the forum gallery, if you don't want to browse the web to find one.

Eternel
LoL Administrator
LoL Administrator

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial : Profile   Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:49 am

::Signatures::

What is a Signature?

A signature is a quote or a picture which is displayed automatically at the bottom of our messages. This often shows a part of your personality.

How can I put a signature?

You have the choice to put a signature as soon as you register. In the registration form, there's a section where you can add a signature.

If you didn't put any signature when you registered, you can always add a signature later, but your account must first be activated. All you have to do is fill the signature field. After you filled up your sign field and saved, return to your profile edition form, click on the "Preferences" link just above the frame and then, make sure that you ticked "Yes" to the "Always attach my signature" option.

Can I put effects on my text?

Yes. To have your text in bold, italic, underlined, etc. or to center it or to make it scroll, you just use the BBCode, in the same way that you use them in your messages. For this, you will have a few buttons to have bold, italic of underlined text, or to insert a pic or a link.

Can I put a picture or a link in my signature?

As I said above, you can use BBCode for that.

The link, not surrounded by tags, becomes automatically active, but you can use the url tag to put a clickable word which leads to a webpage.

If you want to put a picture, it must first be hosted on an image host webiste. You can use Imageshack or another image host.

CAUTION : Only .JPG, .GIF or .PNG format are accepted!
The picture may be animated or not.

Once hosted, you just surround the picture's url by img tags like this

Code:
[img]URL of the picture[/img]

You can make it clickable by using this code :

Code:
[url=Webpage URL][img]Picture URL[/img][/url]

I have put a signature in my profile, but it doesn't appear in my messages! Why?

On the forum, when you add a signature in your profile for the first time and that you tick "Yes" to "Always attach my signature", it will appear ONLY in messages posted AFTER you added your signature in your profile. So, to make it appear in messages posted BEFORE, you must edit them one by one to tick "Attach my signature" just below the writing field.

Eternel
LoL Administrator
LoL Administrator

Male

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial : Profile   Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:53 am

::Topics Watched::

Here will be displayed a list of all the topics you have decided to "watch". (Useful to see quickly if there are answers to the topics that seem interesting to you...)

To watch a topic : While reading the topic, all you have to do is to check the box Watch this topic for replies, located under the topi (at the right).

To stop watching a topic : You can do that from your profile, or by checking the box Stop watching this topic while reading it.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tutorial : Profile   

Back to top Go down

Tutorial : Profile
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1